Hello there friends!~ I figured since I was on a tortilla pie roll, I would add one more to the vault. If you missed my cheeseburger tortilla pie HERE, or my Philly Cheese steak tortilla pie HERE . Today I am sharing a Buffalo Chicken Tortilla pie. For this recipe you will need, 1 lb. chicken breast, 5 soft tortillas (for tacos or fajitas) 1 cup of Buffalo sauce, celery salt or celery seed, blue cheese, celery and carrots and a little sharp cheddar cheese for topping. Also, the Insta-pan will help you with not only this recipe, but many more. Check out my post on all things you can make in a Springform/bundt pan HERE
Buffalo Chicken Tortilla pie in the Instant Pot
Considering I am a Buffalo, New York native, I know what true chicken wings are! Believe me, I know and there is no true wing like a Buffalo Wing. The two biggest rivals of the region are Anchor Bar and Duffs. I love Anchor Bars sauce, but love Duffs, crispy wing more. It is a 50/50 for me. I don’t have a clear winner. This Buffalo chicken pie is about as close to comfort and a taste of a wing I will have. I won’t dare order chicken wings here in the South, why waste the calories HA!
The nice thing about this Buffalo Chicken tortilla pie is it really is not that high in calories. You can substitute low fat blue cheese for the topping. The side of celery and carrots is a nice healthy touch too.
I hope you give it a try and let me know how you liked it. It certainly is filling and will serve 4 people nice servings. Make two pies if you are hosting a gathering. ENJOY!~
Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pie
Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pie
- 1/ 1/2 lbs. Chicken breast
- 5 Flour Tortilla shells
- 1 cup Buffalo Chicken wing sauce (Ken's brand)
- Blue Cheese
- 2 stalks Celery
- 1 Carrots
- blue cheese dressing
- Celery salt or seed to taste
- sharp cheddar cheese for melting on top
- Add cup of water to Pot. Cook Chicken breast on High Pressure for 15 minutes with a natural release. Remove Chicken and water from pot when finished.
- In a separate bowl add chicken wing, celery salt. chopped celery. buffalo sauce and cooked chicken. Using a fork or mixer, shred chicken well. Take a 7' Spring form pan and spray bottom lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Take your first Tortilla shell and layer on the bottom of pan. Add shredded chicken, celery, and a dollop of blue cheese dressing. Repeat layering process to the top. You may also add a little more wing sauce to the layer as you go. Top with sharp cheddar cheese.
- Add one cup of water to pot. Set pan on trivet. Lower pan in pot and set to High Pressure for approximately 15 minutes. Quick Release and let set for 5 minutes before serving. May top with lettuce or additional celery , carrots and blue cheese to taste. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure cooking today! You can also check out my line of goods for the pressure cooker. All highlighted links lead to my Amazon affiliate links.
and of course the Insta-Pans.
Newest addition to my line is the Flower Bundlette pan made for the 3 Qt. mini and up.
Feel free to join my Ninja Foodi group HERE. You will be sure to learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes. LOVE IT~
I am really excited you are here. You can also find me on Home pressure cooking Facebook page where I demonstrate live cooking demos.
Drop your email down below to be the first one to know about all my recipes shared, gadgets and more tid bits for your pressure cooking needs.
Pin it, make it, LOVE it!