Hi there friends! How about a little Tuscan dish for today? Today I am sharing Instant Pot Tuscan chicken with spinach and pine nuts. I can’t say I set out with a plan for this recipe. The truth is, I used what I had on hand in our fridge and pantry and sort of dumped it all together and hoped for the best. I wasn’t too worried about it though because I knew everything inside the pot was good and when combined would more than likely taste great! I was right. I jumped on a Facebook live to share, and you can check that out
For this recipe you will need about 2.5lbs chicken breast,Tuscany chicken broth by Progresso, or any other broth you may have on hand.
Pine nuts, Garlic, Tomatoes, Sun dried tomatoes, Lemon,Artichoke hearts, Spinach, Olive Oil, Plum tomatoes, Tortellini
Although I did not have the sun dried tomatoes, lemon or artichokes on hand, this is what I would add next time. In lieu of the Sun dried tomatoes I had a sun dried tomato garlic. Pine nuts are a pricey item. They do however make the dish and really are quite tasty.
From start to finish this dish took less than an hour to prepare and was on the table within the hour. One pot, one clean up. I did however,make tortellini on the side while my chicken was cooking in the pressure cooker.
Give this clean eating, healthy recipe a try.
Instant Pot Tuscan Tortellini Chicken with Pine Nuts in the Instant Pot
Tuscan Tortellini Chicken
- 2.5 lbs Chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups Tuscany chicken broth by Progresso or plain chicken broth is fine
- 2 oz. Pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons Minced garlic
- 2 cups plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- lemon juiceto taste
- 16 oz. Fresh Spinach
- olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- artichokes optional
- First, set your pot to saute mode on high. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the bottom of the pot. Saute pine nuts to a golden brown, tossing and turning as you go.
- Next, remove pine nuts and set aside. Add another drizzle of olive oil if need be. Add in cube chicken and lightly brown on both sides. Add broth on top of chicken and be sure to scrap any bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Next, add back pine nuts, tomatoes, artichokes if adding in the recipe, sun dried tomatoes lemon juice, salt and pepper. DO NOT MIX.
- Set pot on High Pressure Manual for 15 minutes. Let Pot come to a Natural release. Carefully open lid and add in spinach. Lightly stir until spinach is tender. Serve over Tortellini or pasta of choice.
- NOTE: If you would like to add the Tortellini in the pot, and not do on stove top. You may Add in your Tortellini after the pot has naturally released, and then add tortellini in and set pot back for 2 minutes high pressure with a quick release. I would not recommend more than 1l b, Tortellini for this recipe in the pot.
Thanks for stopping by Home Pressure cooking today! You can also check out my custom line of goods for the pressure cooker, air fryer, oven and Ninja Foodi.
Find me on YOU TUBE HERE
Feel free to join my Ninja Foodi group HERE. You will be sure to learn a ton of tips and tricks and exchange recipes. LOVE IT~
Buy from a known and trusted brand. You always know where to find me. All highlighted links lead to my Amazon affiliate links.
egg bite molds, The Insta-bundle (3 piece starter set) Best value…you basically get the silicone mitts for free:) Now offering in Tiffany blue color! and of course the Insta-Pans, Tiffany Blue Insta-Pan HERE
Newest addition to my line is the Flower Bundlette pan made for the 3 Qt. mini and up.
Another new goodie recently rolled out in our Home Pressure cooking line.My custom made eco-friendly bamboo Spurtles are a must have for all cooks in the kitchen. Everyone who has them, never wants to let them go!
Cheater cook time magnets HERE. Not only useful, they are quite cute too!
I am really excited you are here. You can also find me on Home pressure cooking Facebook page where I demonstrate live cooking demos.
Drop your email down below to be the first one to know about all my recipes shared, gadgets and more tid bits for your pressure cooking needs.